CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 10, 2008

Las Vegas




We went to Las Vegas back in February for my grandpas funeral. It was very nice to spend time with the family. My sister and I both spoke at the funeral. We are the only grandchildren of my grandfather (besides my brother). I am so thankful for this church and for this gospel and I know that there was a glorious reunion when my father was able to see my grandfather again. My sister shared a great quote that goes like this...
In a beautiful blue lagoon on a clear day, a fine sailing ship spreads its brilliant white canvas in a fresh morning breeze and sails out to the open sea. We watch her glide away magnificently through the deep blue and gradually see her grow smaller and smaller as she nears the horizon. Finally, where the sea and the sky meet, she slips silently from sight; and someone near me says, "There, she is gone!" Gone where? Gone from sight- that is all. She is still as large in mast and hull and sail, still just able to bear her load. And we can be sure that, just as we say, "There, she is gone!" another says, "There, she comes!"

We were also able to hang out in Vegas and we took the kids to the M&M factory, the Forum Shops, we went a saw the lions at the MGM and played at the arcade at the New York New York. I even went on the roller coaster. We had a great time.

3 comments:

Jessica Martiele said...

First and foremost...you UPDATED!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! Awesome photos, too. I'm sorry about the whole reason behind the trip, but it looks like you celebrated your grandfather's life just the way he'd have wanted. :) Now write some more!!!!! :) Love you guys tons!!! Jess & Fam

cassie said...

I'm so proud of you! See, it wasn't that hard to update. Love the quote. You are not off the hook, though. I will be watching for another update soon!

annelise said...

Hi Wendy!
Beautiful quote>>> Love the blog..
inpired me to take some more pictures of my kids.
love
Carmen